25. Different initiatives and organizations have developed new concepts to govern developments in the interoperability domain. These concepts have logical relationship to the NISP.
26. An Architecture Building block is a constituent of the architecture model that describes a single aspect of the overall model .
Capture architecture requirements; e.g., business, data, application, and technology requirements
Direct and guide the development of Solution Building Blocks
28. ABB specifications include the following as a minimum:
Fundamental functionality and attributes: semantic, unambiguous, including security capability and manageability
Interfaces: chosen set, supplied
Interoperability and relationship with other building blocks
Dependent building blocks with required functionality and named user interfaces
Map to business/organizational entities and policies
29. Federated Mission Networking (FMN) Spiral Specifications encompass "an evolutionary cycle that will raise the level of maturity of federated mission networking capabilities over time".
30. The FMN spiral specification contain the following sections
31. Profiles will be referenced in the NISP for specified NATO Common Funded Systems or Capability Packages and may include descriptions of interfaces to National Systems where appropriate.